NSCC Promotional Video
How to Join Top Hatters SquadronChecklist for enrollment:
- Attend an indoctrination, which is held from 1900 - 2100 on Saturday in April and September drill weekends.
- Parent and Cadet Interview with unit Staff Member.
- Application paperwork
- Complete a physical examination with a physician.
No one will be denied enrollment due to a medical disability; reasonable accommodations will be made. See our ADA statement below.
- Complete application paperwork and return to unit Commanding Officer.
- Enrollment fee $200
- Uniform Deposit $50
If you are planning to come to the Indoctrination, please contact the Command Recruiting Officer, at email@example.com. Optionally, a prospective cadet may attend up to two "shadow" weekends.
Shadow WeekendsThe NSCC allows for two drill weekends to be attended before enrollment. This will allow a prospective cadet to determine if the program is right for them. Attending a shadow drill will require a full drill fee be paid and a shadow cadet application completed, signed, and approved PRIOR to arrival to the drill weekend. Attending a shadow drill weekend includes some modifications:
- Complete THS Form 110 and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrival at 0730 Sharp on the Saturday and Sunday of drill weekend
- Departure at 2100 Sharp on the Saturday of drill weekend. Shadow cadets are not authorized to stay overnight.
- Full drill fee of $25 be paid upon arrival Saturday
- Limited access to intensive training evolutions. Due to the liability of not being an enrolled cadets, some functions (such as firing ranges or hands-on small boats training) may have limited participation from shadow cadets.
- No uniform items will be issued to shadow cadets until enrollment. Appropriate civillian attire will be worn
If you are planning on attending but do not have base access (i.e. not military, dependent, retired or DOD Civilian) please also send a list of all attendees requiring base access and at least one good contact number. Arrangements will be made to escort you on base.
You can get a head start by filling out the cadet application before you come.